Wednesday, March 13, 2013

Do you want to know what's awesome about putting liquid eyeliner on a wiggly, giggly ten year old?



Nothing.  There is nothing awesome about that.

Those of you who are my friends on Facebook may have seen me share this sentiment before, but honestly, it's worth a second mention so that you may delight in my total Toddlers & Tiaras moment.

First and foremost, I am a procrastinator.  It's not like I don't know how stressful performance days are, we've been doing this going on 8 years now.  For whatever reason, it always seems to come down to the last 20 minutes and I'm screaming and running around like a lunatic and said 10 year old is thoroughly enjoying the show.  Hence the wiggling and giggling.  Also, the very minute I need to get to work on her face is also the very minute she needs  to pee and needs  to find her earbuds, and scratch her nose and whatever else she can think of.

Just so you know, the best stage eyeliner is like a combination of a felt tip pen and a sharpie.  God help you if you screw that up, because you will be starting from scratch.  Don't ask how I know this.  Just don't.

Honestly, the getting ready is my least favorite part of the performance, and hers as well.  Thank goodness after 8 years we've gotten the bun almost down to an art form and maybe one day we will master that eyeliner!

Of course it was all worth it, as it always is, the minute she stepped on the stage and lit it up.  Now that is something I will never grow weary of.  

No comments:

Post a Comment