Monday, March 11, 2013

I love waiting. Waiting's my favorite.

Um, no.  Not really.  I think I am the person least equipped for waiting on the planet.  Like ever.  But here I sit.  Waiting.  What am I waiting for?  Only the first in what will be a long line of acceptance (I don't even want to think about the alternative) letters Lauren will receive in her life.

Last month was February to the rest of the world.  For thousands of anxious parents across Miami-Dade county it was Magnet Audition month.  For us, that involved searching for the right song, a collaborative effort in choreographing a 1 minute audition piece, momma chewing her nails off with anxiety and a very cool, calm and collected 10 year old smiling with pride that she "nailed it!"  I probably should have blogged about it at the time, but honestly, couldn't bring myself to do it.  The odds alone are frightening.  I'm estimating at least 300 girls auditioning for at most 35 spots.

Now comes the fun part.  The Wait.  Letters get mailed March 15-20.  Fingers are crossed.  Prayers are said.



No comments:

Post a Comment